Presented by The Renaissance Group, The Hurston Wright Foundation, Howard University and hosted by Patrick Oliver Founder of, Say It Loud! Readers and Writers Series. Online PR provided by EDC Creations Media Group.
Friday, September 17th – Morning Session
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. START THE MORNING WITH KNOWLEDGE!
1. Joyce Burnett – Adam’s Belle A memoir of Love Without Bounds
2. Valencia Campbell – Advice From the Top: What Minority Women Say About Their Career Success
3. Kevin Wayne Johnson – Give God the Glory Series The Power in the Local Church
4. R. Michelle – Her Game Plan
5. Mozella Perry Ademiluyi – Love is a Mountain
6. Afya Ibomu – Get Your Crochet On!
7. Moneek Reid & Zubari Duniani – Nigus: Images of Ourselves
8. David G. Evans – Dare to be a Man
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
1. Leonard Pitts, Jr. – Before I Forget A Novel
2. Harold Fisher – Two Weeks Until the Rest of My Life
3. Rochelle Alers – Butterfly
4. Tracye McQuirter – By Any Greens Necessary A Guide for Black Women
Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy and Lose Weight
5. J.J. Michael – Secrets Unraveled
6. Dawn McCoy – Leadership Building Blocks An Insider’s Guide to Success
7. Tinesha Davis – Holler at the Moon
8. James Guitard – Delilah’s Revenge
9. Solomon Jones – The Payback
10. Charles Ogletree – The Presumption of Guilt The Arrest of Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
and Race, Class and Crime in America *
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1. damali ayo – Obamistan! Land Without Racism Your Guide to the New America
2. Sheri L. Parks – Fierce Angels: The Strong Black Woman in American Live and Culture
3. Rosalyn Story – Wading Home
4. Stacy Hawkins Adams – Dreams That Won’t Let Go
5. Pamela Samuels Young – Buying Time
6. Michele Tapp Roseman – Business Briefts Connecting the dots between God and your Work
7. Kasey L. Summerville – Bridges & Footstools 365 Days of Wisdom to Help You Live, Learn & Grow
8. Susan Fales-Hill –One Flight Up A Novel
9. Karen Langhorne Folan – Don’t Bring Home a White Boy and Other Notions that Keep Black Women from Date Out
10. Sanford Rubenstein, ESQ – The Outrageous Rubenstein: How a Media-savvy Trial Lawyer Fights for Justice and Change
11. Harold Fisher – Two Weeks Until the Rest of My Life
Brought to you by EDC Creations and Black Pearls Magazine. Visit the magazine here: http://www.blackpearlsmagazine.com/