1. Write down the things you would do for free (things you would enjoy doing every day even if you didn’t get paid a dime for it). Most likely, there’s a profession disguised as one of your hobbies!
2. Find a way to make your passion work for you. Ask yourself; Can I provide a service to others through my passion? Are people willing to pay for the service my passion offers? How can my passion add value to a potential customer’s life?
3. Develop a plan. Successful ventures start with a good plan because good plans shape good decisions. Chart your course—If you know and understand the direction in which you’re headed, the journey getting there is much smoother.
4. Surround yourself with others who are doing what you aspire to do. Learn from them, network with them, and build your platform, i.e., who you are, what you stand for, and what you have to offer?
5. Promote what you’re doing. Word of mouth is still the best advertisement, and in the Internet age, social media has taken word of mouth from a local to a global level. Promote your service/business on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Pitch your service/business to local media by writing an article or offering advice for consumers that is directly tied to the product or service you provide.
6. Perception is reality, so always present yourself in a professional, competent manner. Create professional looking promotional materials to advertise your service/business.
7. Reach out to established professionals in your field so you can partner with them on projects or combine your services to offer customers a special deal.
Remember to have fun along the way. Never give up and keep pushing forward until you reach your goal?
About the Author
Trice Hickman is an award winning, bestselling author of contemporary fiction. Her love of reading and words led her to become a writer. Determined to have her voice heard, Trice self-published three novels before signing a book deal with Kensington (Dafina Books), who will re-release her original works.
Trice is currently writing her next novel, and in her spare time she enjoys cooking, reading, home improvement projects, and traveling. Visit her website for more details on her books and upcoming tour schedule at: http://www.tricehickman.com
This story fuses the past with the present and takes readers on a journey filled with drama, love, betrayal, and mystery. Looking For Trouble is part of the Unexpected Love Series, which began with Unexpected Interruptions.
Order Now: http://amzn.com/0758287232