A New Generation Redefining the Media Listen Here: http://bit.ly/19ICtJo
11/23/2013 – 8:00 PM Beacons For the Future: Fiction Book Showcase
“Open your mind to new experiences, particularly to the study of other people. Nothing that happens to a writer – however happy, however tragic – is ever wasted.” — P.D. James
Four remarkably talented, authors will talk about their motivation for writing, how they prepared to be an author, how they crafted a unique story. Each author will read from their book and share how they went about getting their fiction books published.
11/23/2013 – 9:00 PM Give the Gift Panel Discussion
“Whoever controls the media, controls the mind!” — Jim Morrison
We’re bringing industry professional to discuss the truth about what it takes to create a bestseller and how books are selected for publication. During this panel discussion the industry insiders, media representatives and bookstore owners will share their thoughts on the impact created by organized review teams, book clubs and popular bloggers. We will discuss how books open our world and book clubs can open our universe!
INFO FOR AUTHORS
* How do editors go about selecting manuscripts for publication?
* Does an author’s platform and social media reach effect the decision to publish?
* What’s expected from the author when a new book is released?
* Ways new media agents can affect an author’s career, platform, and sells.
INFO FOR READERS
* What impact does organized reading groups and bloggers have on publishers?
* How do the publishers find book clubs and book reviewers to help launch a book?
* How do publishers use reviews in their marketing or financial decisions, if at all?
* How important are book reviews in regards to pre-publication promotions?
* Explain the New York Times and USA Today Bestsellers Lists.
Marketing in the social age is often assisted by individuals who have the power to affect purchase decisions of others because of their (real or perceived) authority, knowledge, position, connections or relationship. Online radio hosts, columnists, bloggers and reviewers will explain how their mediums add to the success of a published book.
Listeners will meet a few of today’s most influential online writers and promoters. Radio, TV, and Newspapers are no longer the gatekeepers for disturbing the news. Now, they are getting the daily news out hours after bloggers, Tweeters and Facebookers have long broke the story. We are here to discuss the importance of the new media takeover!
Bonding Thru Books Official Bookstore
Shop Here: http://astore.amazon.com/edcmagazine-20
In honor of November being National Family Stories Month, let’s use it to share a little history too, here are several books to read and share with young readers. Visit our bookstore today, go here.